Sunday, February 15, 2009

Randy Pausch, my hero

Randy PauschImage via Wikipedia

"Randy Pausch, the professor at Carnegie Mellon University who inspired countless students in the classroom and others worldwide through his highly acclaimed last lecture, has died of complications from pancreatic cancer. He was 47."
- CMU

No, I couldn't have done it. I couldn't have talked to a thousand tearful audience without breaking down had I been in Randy's position. I couldn't have the amount of energy and verve he showed had I known that I will die soon. I couldn't have not talked about how I am the most unluckiest person in the world to have been subjected to this fateful destiny. Randy is my hero.

If you haven't listened to his last lecture on "Really achieving your childhood dreams", then I suggest you do so now.

Even though its totally unjustified that I blog this to honor this legend after months that he attained his peace with God (on July 25, 2008), I pay my tribute to the soul who motivated a million people around the world including me.

I always say to myself that life must go on, no matter whatever happens, for tomorrow will be a better day. Many days I wake up thinking how good life is ahead. But I am not sure what will happen to me if I were told that I could start counting my days. My entire happiness and enthusiasm would come to a screeching halt. I know I am not brave enough to face death. Not many do.

While Randy was flickering in the dark, he lit the light for millions of people. His energy and enthusiasm was bigger than life. He didn't fight a war, but he fought death. He was brave till the end. "We don't beat the Reaper by living longer. We beat the Reaper by living well", he said. "If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you."

Thank you Randy for showing me the way.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments: